Wood Flooring Routine Maintenance
Cleaning your wood floors is easy. Regular maintenance includes sweeping with a soft bristle broom, and vacuuming with the beater bar turned off. You also should clean your floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product.
We carry professional grade cleaning products by Bona & Loba.
Call us (ph.: 773-279-9100) to order yours today.
There are other steps you can take to maintain the beauty of your wood floors.
· Do not use vinyl or tile cleaning products on wood floors. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
· Use throw rugs at doorways to help prevent debris from being tracked in and scratching your floor.
· Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
· Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
· Do not over-wax a wood floor. If a wax floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
· Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching. Replace these often as dirt and debris can become imbedded on the pad and act like sand paper on the flooring surface.
· Avoid walking on your wood floors with sports cleats and high heels in disrepair. A 125-pound woman walking in high heels with an exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any floor surface.
· When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture to move it and to prevent scratches.
· For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug at the kitchen sink.
· Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps or cracks.