Bamboo floors for your house
you are looking for an eco-friendly, affordable, and attractive material for
your bathroom, take a look at bamboo. As
eco-friendly design gains in popularity, the selection of "green"
flooring materials continues to increase and become more stylish. When it comes
to choosing a hardwood floor, many homeowners are investing in bamboo, a unique
and eco-conscious material that is durable, affordable, and looks equally great
in modern or traditional spaces.
is a fast-growing and sturdy tree-like grass, making it a highly renewable
resource. This appeal to homeowners interested in
environmentally friendly flooring, but also has benefits for the budget-minded.
Visit our showroom to see the entire
collection of bamboo hardwood floors.
We are located on 3100 N Elston Street in
Visit our website at www.abhardwood.com
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Interior Design Ideas with Bamboo floors
Bamboo flooring can be installed virtually
anywhere - in an office, a restaurant, a yoga studio or a home. This
flooring material is quickly gaining popularity not only for its natural beauty
and versatility, but for its eco-friendly qualities. It also offers a similar
look to hardwoods like oak, walnut or pine, and comes in any shade from dark to
light, but for a much more affordable price. Once you install your bamboo
floors, it's important to consider how to decorate the interior of the room to
properly coordinate with the flooring.Use other bamboo elements
You can't go wrong incorporating other bamboo elements into your space. Use
bamboo panels to create an accent wall or even using bamboo window shades. When
deciding what color to paint the walls, opt for a fresh yellow or green to
complement the natural tones of the bamboo. You can also consider a more
neutral palette, like taupe, tan or walnut.Go modern
While bamboo flooring can be transformed to fit any design style you have in
mind, it presents a very modern and sophisticated feel, so it's important that
the rest of the room match that design aesthetic. Rich, dark bamboo floors give
off a feel of elegance - consider pairing these floors with a lighter wall
color, like a cream or ivory, and incorporate light-colored furniture as well,
which will stand out nicely against the dark-colored floors and create a
dramatic contrast. If you would rather go with a darker color on the wall, make
sure the shade is rich enough to stand up against the deep tones of your bamboo
floors. To stick with the contemporary theme, add splashes of color throughout
the room by adding throw blankets, pillows, a rug or wall art.
For a more natural look, opt for bamboo
floors in a blonde shade. Opt for a bold color on the walls, or choose a
soft hue that can accentuate the natural warmth that this flooring can
emit. Also, choose a rug that doesn't compete with the flooring - go with
a neutral or solid color to complement the decor in the room. In our
store you will be able to find different variety of Bamboo floors and our staff
members will help you in your choice.Please visit our website www.abahardwood.com for store hours or simply call us at 773-279-9100
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Cleaning Hardwood floors Chicago
When it comes to floor cleaning, there are so many choices nowadays .You will definitely spent quit of time in the store before you choose the right cleaning product. But no worries, our professional staff members will help you to Regular maintenance requires little more than sweeping with a soft bristle broom, and vacuuming with a soft floor attachment if your wood floor includes a beveled edge that could collect debris. You also should clean your floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product which you can purchase in our store. We have great selection of Cleaning Products which are nontoxic and high quality products.
Except great cleaning products There are other steps you can take to minimize maintenance and maintain the beauty of your wood floors as well.
- Do not use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors. Self-polishing acrylic waxes cause wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
- Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to help prevent grit, dirt and other debris from being tracked onto your wood floors. This will prevent scratching.
- Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
- Do not over-wax a wood floor. If a wax floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session
· Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching. Replace these often as dirt and debris can become imbedded on the pad and act like sand paper on the flooring surface.
Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. A 125-pound woman walking in high heels has an impact of 2,000 pounds per square inch. An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any floor surface.
· When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture completely to prevent scratches.
· For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
· Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps or cracks.
We are located on 3100 N Elston Street in Chicago
Visit our website at www.abhardwood.com
Call us at (773) 279 9100